Burgundy red home decor ideas: enhance the rich shades of plum, damson and crimson
Indulge your senses this winter with lavish burgundy looks that are enriched with the resplendent reds and opulent purples of winter berries
It’s the season of decadence, so stoke up the cosiness in your home décor with the rich shades of burgundy reds. Just like a glass of red, this look is all about creating depth and drama to warm you and your guests’ hearts.
Pull out all the stops and welcome visitors with the rich shades of plum, damson and crimson. As more versatile takes on traditional red, these deeper tones will see you through the seasons and beyond. Check out our budget-friendly colour dupe for Farrow & Ball's rich burgundy, Eating Room Red.
Choose ruby and garnet shades for your paint and tiles, which complement darker woods, sheepskin rugs and cream soft furnishings, for an effortlessly comforting scheme.
For a subtle approach, introduce these plummy shades with your choice of soft furnishings, trinkets and dinnerware.
To prevent your scheme feeling flat, add texture and glossy finishes on ceramics, cushions and smaller items of furniture. Lighten up the look with lighting or set a more restful mood with candlelight and brass accents.
Burgundy home decor mood board
Cast a warming glow through your home with these mulled shades and glittering accents
- Journal fabric in Wallace Russet, £32.40 per metre, Prestigious Textiles
- Skye Garnet fabric, £22 per metre, ILIV
- Chevron 263 luxury vinyl flooring, £51.99 per sq m, Moduleo
- Drops Gold ceramic tiles, £90 per sq m, Porcelain Superstore
- Ianthe matt emulsion, £45 per 2.5L, Graham & Brown
- Cherished Gold matt emulsion, £31.06 per 2.5L, Dulux
- Dark Garnet matt emulsion, £31.09 per 2.5L, Dulux
- Scarlet Ribbon emulsion, from £21.50 per 2.5L, Crown Paints
- Morris Thistle wallpaper in Claret, £90 per roll, Wallpaper Direct
- Borastapeter Nocturne wallpaper in Mulberry, £41 per roll, Wallpaper Direct
- Plum metro tiles, £21 per sq m, Porcelain Superstore
Our favourite burgundy interior looks, designs and accessories
For a refined look, mirror the richness of burgundy tones with dark woods for your furniture and accessories. Hatton round dark wood and glass table with four Salisbury Mink velvet chairs,£499.99, Furniture and Choice
Layer up the cosiness with berry-toned bedding, and choose heavy cotton or jacquard for a deeper sleep on cold winter nights. Teddy bear bedding in claret, Dunelm
Dial up the drama in your kitchen or bathroom with a plum tiled feature wall – the bevelled edges of metro tiles will reflect light for a brighter feel. St Pauls Plum gloss metro tiles, £20.95 per sq m, Walls and Floors
These Christmas Red TruGlow taper candles deserve to be on show all year round, £24.99 for four, Lights4fun
Get cosy on this Virtue three-seater sofa in Cozy Grape, from £80 per month, Loop rental scheme at Sofology
Liven up your kitchen with an island in dashing plum, which pairs well with marble and grey for a modern revamp. Hardwick kitchen in Mulberry and Light Grey, from £12,000, Sigma 3
Sometimes the simple touches make all the difference. First Blush bouquet, £32.99, Beards and Daisies
Section Editor, Your Home