For more recipes visit www.oetker.co.uk
- Self-raising flour 250g
- Dr Oetker Baking powder sachets 2
- Unsalted butter 50g, softened
- Parmesan 100g, freshly grated or Grana Padano cheese
- Milk 175ml, whole
- Sun dried tomato paste 75g
- Pitted black olives 50g, chopped
- Mixed Pepper Antipasto 100g, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil 30ml
- Fresh basil leaves to serve
Tip Chelsea Buns are always best made and eaten on the same day, but they do freeze well. Once cold, pack into a freezer container and seal. Freeze for up to 6 months. Defrost in the container and then heat gently for a few minutes in a low oven for a few minutes to warm through.
Other flavours to try: replace the sun-dried tomato paste with green or red pesto sauce; add finely chopped bacon or ham and grated Mozzarella cheese instead of the olives and peppers. For a sweet version, omit the cheese in the Chelsea Bun dough and add 50g (2oz) caster sugar; spread the rolled out scone mixture with chocolate spread or peanut butter and sprinkle with Dr Oetker Chocolate Chips. Alternatively spread simply with your favourite jam.