For those of us who love to bag a bargain, November means one thing: Black Friday is upon us! The eagerly awaited day of deals is a great opportunity to snap up products for the home at a discounted price.
Every year, Black Friday homeware sales seem to get bigger and better, and there are discounts across a huge array of stores. If you’re on the lookout for some new home décor pieces, or just fancy browsing the sales, our Black Friday guide can help. We’ve listed some of the best destinations for bargain shopping below, as well as a few tempting items on offer.
When is Black Friday 2021?
This year, Black Friday is the 26th November, after Thanksgiving in the US. But while some retailers wait until the day to launch their best deals, many celebrate the sale period days – and, in some cases, weeks – in advance.
Black Friday homeware deals
Yankee Candle Scented Candle
Is it even Christmas without a festive scented candle on the go? This one is sure to fill your home with a comforting aroma. It has notes of balsam, pine, birch and eucalyptus – perfect for cosy winter evenings.
This version has a total burn time of up to 150 hours as it’s the largest jar size in Yankee Candle’s range. But you can also buy the small and medium sizes, or opt for the tea lights as an alternative.
The high-quality wick is made with 100% natural fibres, and there’s a glass lid to keep in the fragrance while the candle’s not burning. As an added bonus, the label is completely removable, so you can hide the branding for a more minimalist look.
GTech Pro 2
If you’ve always had your eye on a cordless vacuum, now’s the time to get one. Gtech’s Pro 2 model is currently on sale at a 44% discount, which will save you £80. It comes with high-performance bags so you won’t need to worry about cleaning the filters. And you can remove the head to transform it into a hand-held vacuum.
GOOGLE Nest Mini (2nd Gen)
The Black Friday sale is a great opportunity to save on a range of smart home devices. At Currys, the Google Nest Mini is down from £49 to just £18. Once it’s installed, you can use it to find answers to everyday questions, play music and even control compatible devices around your home.
The silver and pink versions are also in the sale.
Le Creuset Cast Iron Casserole Classic
Le Creuset is a brand to look out for when Black Friday comes around. Its kitchenware not only performs well and stands the test of time, but it also looks great. And you can choose a colour scheme to match your kitchen.
We’ve got our eyes on this stunning blue casserole dish. It usually sells for £305 but you can save £116 if you buy it today.
You can use it on the hob or in the oven, and it comes with a useful enamel coating to make cleaning a breeze.
Warm White LED Battery Outdoor Fairy Lights
With Christmas on the horizon, it’s the perfect time to invest in some fairy lights – you can never have too many! Perfect for creating a cosy glow, these 50 LEDs give off a warm white light.
They come with a 6-hours-on / 18-hours-off timer, so they’ll automatically switch on and off during the day for minimum hassle.
Made.com Margot King Size Bed
We couldn’t ignore this gorgeous bed frame from Made.com. The retailer has launched discounts of up to 30% this Black Friday, so it’s a great opportunity to get your hands on some chic homeware items.
This navy blue bed frame is made with recycled polyester in a soft velvet finish, and the metallic capped legs add a stylish finishing touch.
Check out our favourite Made.com Black Friday deals for more shopping inspiration.
Tower 4L Digital Air Fryer £39.99 (Argos’s lowest ever price)
Claiming to cook food with 99% less fat than standard fryers, this kitchen gadget is a useful item to keep in the cupboard. It uses a tiny amount of oil and circulates hot air evenly to make sure everything ends up crisp and golden.
This air fryer has a 4L capacity, so it should make enough for three or four portions in one go.
If you’re willing to stretch to a slightly more advanced model, check out this £121 discount on the TEFAL ActiFry Genius+, available through Currys.
100% Cotton Khara Rug
Urbanara is offering 25% off all its rugs for Black Friday. This one is made entirely from cotton and features a handwoven honeycomb pattern. It also comes with plain edging for a smart, timeless look.
We’ve picked out the 90x130cm size option, but you can choose from a range of different versions, up to 240cm in length. Just add the code Flash25 at the checkout to knock 25% off the retail price.
Emma Bridgewater Wild Mushrooms 1/2 Pint Mug
We love Emma Bridgewater items here at YourHomeStyle, and there are almost always bargains to be had in the brand’s sale section. We’ve picked out this charming 1/2 pint mug featuring a colourful wild mushroom print; it’s the perfect cup for warming winter beverages.
If you love the wild mushroom print, check out the other items in the range. The plate, bowl and teapot are also in the sale. Alternatively, you could go for the slightly smaller 175ml mug with the same pattern.
20 Pcs Pampas Grass Large
Dried grasses are all the rage at the moment. With their fluffy appearance and natural aesthetic, they’re a great way to add texture to a room. This pack of 20 fluffy pampas stems will finish off a space nicely and, thanks to their neutral colouring, they’ll look fantastic with almost any colour scheme.
They’re 100% natural, so they look completely authentic. Pop them in a large ceramic jug in the corner of a room or add them to a glass vase and put them on a tabletop. Once you’ve arranged them to your liking, spritz with a little hairspray to stop them shedding.
Cotton Floral Duvet Cover Set by Joules
Black Friday is a great time to invest in some new bedding, particularly if you’ve had your eye on a premium set. We’ve been lusting over this charming duvet cover from Joules with its vibrant countryside print. The set is completely reversible, so you can flip it over and swap between the navy and white patterns when you fancy a change.
At the moment, you can get this duvet set at a discounted price, thanks to Joules’ winter sale.
Where to find the best Black Friday homeware deals
A huge number of brands are gearing up to launch their Black Friday homeware deals – and many have already launched fantastic discounts. We’ve done the hard work and rounded up the retailers participating in Black Friday 2021.
- Emma Bridgewater is always a great place to shop for beautiful crockery and kitchenware. If, like us, you love the brand, keep an eye on its Black Friday page.
- Joules is offering up to 60% off some of its homeware pieces and 25% off everything else with the code FRIYAY. Take a look if you’re on the hunt for bedding and crockery in particular.
- La Redoute is running discounts of up to 50% off everything for Black Friday.
- I Want One Of Those (IWOOT) has launched sale categories, offering discounts of up to 40% across certain types of products. Check out its deals on the IWOOT website.
- Farfetch is a fantastic destination to shop for premium homeware pieces. Now’s the time to invest in a special item, as many products have fantastic discounts.
- NeoDirect has created a Black Friday homeware deals page. This retailer is a great place to shop if you want to save up to 30% on furniture and electrical appliances.
- Made.com‘s Black Friday sale has over 1,500 items with up to 30% off their original price.
- Wayfair is running loads of discounts across its product catalogue and providing free shipping on all orders between the 26th and 30th November.
- John Lewis & Partners has hundreds of offers in its Black Friday sale, across clothing, homeware and electricals.
- Dunelm is offering Black Friday discounts on its website this year. Take a look to save some money on stylish homeware pieces.
- Argos is launching some great Black Friday homeware deals. Make sure you check its website before Tuesday if you want to grab a bargain.
- Worktop Express’s Black Friday sale is one to check if you’re renovating your kitchen or utility room.
- Very has launched its Black Friday event with over 22,000 sale items. Head to the brand’s website to browse bargains and download the app.
- Oliver Bonas is running a Black Friday sale – browse its website to find money-off deals on some of its on-trend homeware items.
- House of Fraser is offering discounts across a range of product categories, and you can get a £20 voucher when you spend £100.
- Brand Alley is shunning Black Friday this year and instead encouraging shoppers to embrace ‘Laidback Friday’. Check out its money-saving deals on the Brand Alley website.